JOLLY PHONICS uses a synthetic phonics approach to teach reading and writing in a multi-sensory, enjoyable way. It makes ‘learning to read’ FUN!
Synthetic Phonics Method, as defined here, emphasizes both the teaching of letter-sounds in isolation (not in whole words) and synthesis skills – how to blend letter-sounds together to read a word.
Using this synthetic phonics approach, JOLLY PHONICS teaches children the five key skills for reading and writing:
- Learning the 42 main letter sounds in English – This includes alphabet sounds as well as diagraphs, such as ‘sh’, ‘ai’, and ‘ue’.
- Learning letter formation – children are taught how to form and write the letters using different multi-sensory methods,
- Blending sounds from letters to make words – children are taught how to blend sounds together to read and write new words,
- Identifying sounds that make up words – listening to sounds in words gives children the best start for spelling, and
- Spelling tricky words – children are taught how to learn these irregular spellings separately.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
* School Proprietors and Proprietress,
* School Administrators,
* Head Masters and Mistress,
* Parents and Committee members of PTAs and
* Other Personnel who decide, manage or deal with Children at Nursery and Primary Education Levels.
JOLLY PHONICS STAGE 1
1. An overview of the meaning and importance of phonics, synthetic phonics, explicit phonics and systematic phonics
2. The main principles behind Jolly Phonics – bringing fun and structure to the teaching of phonics
3. Teaching the first three groups of letter sounds in a way which is fun for the children and multi-sensory
4. Developing correct letter formation
5. Blending letter sounds for reading simple regular words e.g. run, hat, band, legs, rabbit, twig, dress, etc.
6. Developing phonemic awareness by identifying the sounds in the words for writing
JOLLY PHONICS STAGE 2
1. The teaching of the next four groups of letter sounds, enabling children to read and write hundreds of unknown regular words that use diagraphs e.g. train, goat, boil, spoon, sharp, chip, etc.
2. A simple way of teaching children to become independent writers
3. Ideas for teaching children irregular (tricky) words
4. A way of giving young children a simple understanding of how the vowels work
JOLLY PHONICS STAGE 3
1. Providing suitable reading materials
2. Ideas for developing story writing
3. The teaching of alternative vowels
JOLLY PHONICS STAGE 4
1. Resource review and interactive session
2. Questions and answers, contributions, product usage
1. Sensitivity Training and Discussion.
2. Feedback and Study Review.
3. Group discussion and syndicate work.
4. Complimented with Visual Aid, use of White Board and Projector.
5. Video Session, Training Kits & relevant support materials (Handouts & CD).
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Cost effective, self empowerment and development, classroom training programme.
- Allows time for Learning and practising on-hand, also for good feedback, questioning and personal growth and development,
- Effective Practical-wise as it enhances group dynamism and activities, enabling participants to learn and build on Team spirit.
- Increases self-confidence, esteem and enhances participant’s awareness of the importance / complexity of their job role which will increase their dedication, satisfaction and motivation.
- Jolly Phonics Certification after the completion of the training programme
Duration: 1 Full Day
Fees: N10,000 per participant
HOW TO REGISTER
* Confirm space availability before making payment
* Make payment
* Send proof of payment
Please, note that registration and bookings are payable in advance at least seven (7) days prior to the training.
All participants are expected to register via any of Chelis Offices.
SPECIAL TRAINING DISCOUNT
There’s a special sales discount of 20% on every Jolly product purchased with cash payment only for registered participants on every training day. Participants are enjoined to make adequate monetary preparation to benefit from this special offer.
This discount is only valid for training days and for registered participants only.