MONTESSORI CLASSROOM ACTIVITES FOR THE EARLY YEARS
Active learning takes place from the age of 0-6 years. It is the time when children need high quality care and learning experience.
It is important that all classroom activities make positive contributions to the children’s early development. This is exciting first part of a two- modular activity based course will empower participants with the knowledge of the various activities that’ll enable the child build a string and firm foundation throughout their life time.
Outline of the program:
- Montessori Philosophy
- The Principles of Early Years Education
- The Spiritual Embryo
- The Absorbent Mind
- The Sensitive Periods
- The Prepared Environment
- Child Development
Personal, Social & Emotional Development
- Social skills development
- Chromatic sense development
- Development of Independence
- Sterognostic sense
- Development of Gustatory Sense
- Developing left to right concept
- Of Fine and Gross Motor Skills
- Maintaining Balance
- Developing Pincer Grip
- Constructive Activities (Pink Tower, etc.)
- Educating the Hands
- Art and Crafts (Wearing, snowflakes, etc.)
- Development of Aesthetic Sense
- Visual perception of dimension
- Preparation for Early Geometry
Communication Language & Literacy Devt
- Developing writing skills
- Understanding Montessori Language devt
- Using games for Language development
- Internalizing Reading
Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Exploration of the world
- Foundation for Scientific Approach
- Stimulating Child’s Interest in Animals
- Stimulating Child’s interest in Plants
- Montessori activities on sorting, matching, ordering, sequencing & counting activities
- Development of Mathematical Skills
- Awareness of Mathematical Terms
- Developing knowledge of quantities
- Enhancing counting ability and number recognition
Date: 23rd-26th July, 2018 (4 days)
Venue: 1. MMI(London) Lagos Centre
- MMI(London) Abuja Centre
- MMI(London) PH Centre
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm (inclusive of Break)
Training Few covers:
- CEC Professional Certificate
- Handouts and Exercise Manuals
- Supervised Practice during the 4days
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All Teachers, School Proprietors/ Proprietress, School Administrators, Head Teachers, Parents and Committee Members of PTAs and other personnel who decide, manage or deal with children at Early Years Education Level.
BENEFITSOF ATTENDING CHELIS EDUCATION MCA WORKSHOP
- You will learn how to use Montessori Activities in Non- Montessori Schools
- You will learn how to make teaching concrete and not teach in abstraction.
- All exercises taught are teaching strategies which are easily applicable to Montessori and Non- Montessori Schools.
- Learn research-based teaching practices and collaborate with colleagues on best practices.
- Validate your own philosophy of teaching through interaction with others.
- Attending will provide you with more concrete teaching methods that you can hope to use in your entire career.
- You will see how ideas and activities work with groups and how students might feel doing the same activities.
- It will help you make teaching and learning fun again.